Lasik Surgery in Punjab, Phagwara
Best Lasik Surgery in Punjab, Jalandhar and Lasik Surgery Cost in Phagwara, LASIK Surgery (Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis) is a common laser eye surgery to treat various eye problems. At Mitra Eye Hospital, with LASIK Surgery the front part/surface of the cornea helps the light to enter the eye which focuses on the retina without the need of wearing ‘GLASSES or CONTACT LENSES’.
This surgery success rate is extremely high as compared to the traditional approach. Lasik eye surgery cost in India ranges between Rs 30,000 to Rs 1 Lakh. Depending on where you are getting the treatment from and the surgeon’s expertise will make a difference in the treatment cost.
|Do you know what LASIK surgery can treat?|
|Hyperopia (farsightedness)||Myopia (nearsightedness)||Astigmatism.|
Live The Life You Want To:
|LASIK surgery is Pain-Free||LASIK Surgery requires only 15 minutes||Can treat both the eyes at the same time||Immediate Vision Improvement||Some cases might take 24 hours to get stabilized|
What are the steps to perform the LASIK procedure?
3 steps to perform LASIK Surgery are:
- Use of Mechanical Surgical tool: It uses a mechanical surgical tool named a microkeratome or a femtosecond laser which creates a thin and circular flap in the cornea. Surgeons fold the hinged flap to reach the underlying cornea named as stroma.
- Reshape the corneal stroma: Then the excimer laser is used to reshape the corneal stroma. The specialized laser uses the cool ultraviolet light beam to take out the tissue from the cornea to reshape it so that more light focuses on the retina to improve vision.
- Corneal comes in the place: With this, the corneal flap will be put in its place and that too without the need of stitches.
What does LASIK Eye Surgery Involve?
LASIK is the best and most effective eye surgery. The retina is the part where images are focused and it is present on the back of your eyes. But due to the eye problems, it focuses on somewhere else and the vision gets blurry.
- Nearsightedness (myopia): Eye problem where you can see close objects but objects present at a distance are not visible.
- Farsightedness (hyperopia): Eye problem in which you can see objects present at a distance but close objects are blurry.
- Astigmatism: It causes overall blurry vision in which the cornea becomes flat or curves. Due to which the near & distant vision is affected.
Different types of Laser Eye Procedures
Well! Every surgeon has the expertise and skills to perform a specific laser eye surgery. Some cases are minor and some of them have huge problems. According to your condition, the doctor will let you know which type is best for you:
|Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)||The top surface (epithelium) is taken away, which takes around 3 to 4 days to recover. It leads to blurred vision & moderate pain for some time.
LASIK is a preferred choice to treat patients with severe nearsightedness.
|Laser-assisted subepithelial keratectomy (LASEK)||The doctor creates the flap with a cutting device and the cornea is exposed. This way less part of the cornea is taken away and if you have thin cornea it is best for you. Although, it does not have significant benefits over LASIK.|
|Epithelial laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis (epi-LASIK)||The epithelium is separated from the mid-part of the cornea with a blunt blader device and the cornea is reshaped with the laser.|
|Implantable lenses||Corrective lenses are added to improve vision. It is done along with cataract surgery|
What to expect before LASIK Surgery?
The eye surgeon will perform an eye examination to make sure you are a good candidate to undergo this vision correction procedure.
What to expect during LASIK Surgery?
The doctor will make sure that there is no unusual risk that your eye will become dry following LASIK Surgery. It is better that you do not wear the contact lenses 2 weeks before LASIK.
Make sure that you wear the contact lenses for the specific period the doctor has advised you. If you do so, the contact lens shape will get altered and the results will get affected.
Before the surgery, the doctor will put numbing eye drops to prevent discomfort with the procedure and you will feel relaxed during the treatment.
What to expect after LASIK Surgery?
You feel a burning sensation or itching for some time. You need to ask someone to take you home after the surgery and it is better to not drive until the doctor tells you so. After the procedure you will experience:
- Blurry Vision
- Condition is stabilized within a few days
- A follow-up appointment with the doctor
- Doctor checks your visions
- Take the medications on time
What is the long-term effect of LASIK Eye Surgery?
Through LASIK Eye Surgery the quality of life will improve. In most cases, the vision is 20/20 or even better. The need to wear contact lenses or glasses will be lower as compared to earlier.
Some patients get sensitive to sunlight after surgery so your doctor might prescribe you photochromic lenses.
Do you have healthy eyes?
The ideal candidate for this surgery is the one with no unusual vision issue or moderate level of refractive error. This is the reason, the doctor gets all the information about your eye health and evaluates it carefully. If you have these conditions then the doctor will not suggest the surgery:
- Eye condition which continuously affects the eyes
- Keratitis, uveitis, herpes, or any infection simplex affecting the eye area
- Dry eyes
- Large Pupils
- Lid problem or eye injuries
Is your overall health Okay to undergo LASIK surgery?
If your general health does not seem fine, then the doctor will not give the green signal to undergo the treatment. Doing so will affect the possible outcomes and it can occur due to:
- Health condition which affects the immune system
- Taking immunosuppressive medications
- Depression or chronic pain problems like irritable bowel syndrome, migraine, and much more.
What is the ideal age to undergo LASIK surgery?
The individual should be over 18 years or older to undergo this surgical approach. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or taking steroids then it is better to wait for some time.
What to Expect with LASIK?
In most cases, the patient will have an excellent vision that remains for many years. Whether you want to play sports or do an activity in the morning, you will be able to do that without the need to wear glasses or contact lenses. But, as you age the need to wear eyeglasses will increase. Although results are effective, not enough study is done to understand the long-term effect of this surgery.
As the technology and procedures keep on refining, so do the results and benefits the patient will get. Just make sure you are following the doctor’s instructions and going for regular check-ups.
Schedule the consultation
Mitra Eye hospital has the best eye professionals for your eye care whom you can trust. Our eye doctors will determine whether this procedure is appropriate for you or not and even guide you along throughout the treatment plan.