Squint Eye Surgery in Punjab, Jalandhar, Phagwara
What is Squint?
Squint Eye Surgery in Punjab, Jalandhar, Phagwara, Squint or strabismus is a condition that leads to eye misalignment and eyes do not look in the one direction. In simple terms, the eyes do not focus on what the person is looking at. Like when the person is looking straight, the eyes may turn:
It is possible the misalignment will be constant or it will appear sometimes. In most cases, the problem occurs in children and there are chances adults will have it. In young children, the problem leads to weak eyesight. In case adults will have the problem due to trauma, working on the computer for a long time, brain lesions, and much more. Managing the condition in both cases is different. Squint management treatment cost in India can start from Rs 50,000 and can also go higher. At Mitra Eye Hospital, the doctor will completely evaluate your condition and then give you precise information about your treatment plan.
For A Clearer Tomorrow
What are the signs and symptoms of squint?
The signs and symptoms of squint are noticed at an early age. One of the eyes will not be able to look straight and sometimes minor squints will not be that noticeable. If the newborn or infant is extremely tired then they have cross-eyed, although that does not mean they have a squint. In such cases, it is important to consult the doctor. If you notice that your child turns their head when they are looking at you or one of the eyes is closed then it means they have double vision or quint. Make sure to consult the team of eye experts at Mitra Eye Hospital.
What is a Lazy eye?
Strabismus can lead to double vision if the problem comes back in adult age. The brain will ignore one of the eyes which avoids the chances of double vision.
What are the causes of Strabismus?
It is possible the condition can be:
- Congenital, meaning a person is born with it
- Hereditary, or running in families, suggesting a genetic link
- The result of an illness or long-sightedness
- Due to a lesion on a cranial nerve
If you are not able to focus on the light which comes through the lens then it is referred to as refractive error. Other issues which can lead to this condition are:
- Myopia, or short-sightedness
- Hypermetropia, or long-sightedness
- Astigmatism, the cornea is not curved properly
Due to refractive error, the eye will turn inward and this way focus will get better. Usually, the child will have this condition at the age of 2 years or after that.
Can strabismus lead to other issues?
Hydrocephalus can also lead to strabismus. Under this condition, there are excess fluid build-ups which are in and around the brain. There are high chances it can lead to brain infection like measles and other genetic conditions.
What are the types of strabismus?
There are different types of strabismus which include a ‘LAZY EYE’. Depending on the cause and the way they will turn will be different. The following condition will determine the type of strabismus you have:
|Hypertropia||Eye Turns Upwards|
|Hypotropia||Eye Turn Inwards|
|Esotropia||Eye Turn Inwards|
|Exotropia||Eye Turns Outwards|
You must get the condition diagnosed at an early stage. It is important to get the treatment at the age of 6 years to get the condition treated properly.
What are the correction methods and treatment options?
The squint correction will not happen on its own and it is essential to start the treatment at the early stage. Make sure that you do not miss out on any of the regular checkups. Treatment options of squint include wearing glasses to help the eyes look at the objects with no stress, wearing eye-patch on the eye functioning properly so that focus on another eye can help in reducing squint. Inserting Botulinum Toxin into an eye weakens the particular muscles and also helps the eyes to align and form the image. Many times doctors opt for corrective surgery measures that can help in restoring the appearance of the eyes, correct faulty co-ordinations in eyes that help in the formation of parallax facilitating perception of depth and 3-D vision, and also as a remedial measure for double vision. Surgery for squint rectification does not involve many risks and prolongs precautionary measures. It is a matter of a few hours, and patients can be back at home the same day.
The possible treatment options are:
- Glasses: If hypermetropia, or long-sightedness, is causing the squint, glasses will help to correct it.
- Eye patch: Need to wear on the healthy, one with the squint, the patch can get over the other eye, and work better.
- Botulinum toxin injection, or botox: It is injected into the muscle surface of the eye. The doctor suggests the treatment to address the underlying cause and if symptoms appear all of a sudden. The botox will temporarily make the muscles weak and it will align the eye correctly.
- Eye drops and eye exercises: Both these things may help, make sure to consult the doctor to understand what is best for you.
Prompt treatment will reduce the risk and complications. Moreover, the results will be effective when you take the right measures at the right time.
What are the eye exercises to do when you have strabismus?
- Hold a pencil at your arm’s length, around midway between the eyes.
- Stare at the pencil while getting it close to the nose, and maintain a single image of it.
- Keep moving it forward to the nose until you are not able to see it as a single image.
- Hold the pencil at the closest point where a single image is possible.
- If a single image is not there then start again
Do you know?
One of the studies has shown that 20 Push-ups for 12 weeks can help the patients. It is easy, effective, and cost-free.
Book your Initial Consultation
Well! You need to take proper care of your eyes, irrespective of age. If at any point in time, you notice something unusual or problematic with your child’s eyes or your eyes, you need to make a prompt decision & consult the best eye doctor in Punjab. Mitra Eye Hospital provides you the best eye care with affordable treatment every patient deserves.