Are you tired of wearing contacts or glasses?
Well! This is the time when you need to undergo eye surgery to help your vision get better. The advanced eye care treatment makes an ultimate choice for correcting problems like myopia or hyperopia. After undergoing LASIK, you get the leverage to not wear glasses or contact lenses. All in all, the problem gets properly addressed. The best eye doctor will give you the most appropriate treatment plan depending on your condition. When you visit one of the Best Eye Hospital In Punjab, you are told about the entire process and the recovery timeline to make everything all smooth and right for you.
How does LASIK work?
LASIK surgery helps to make the cornea better without damaging the cornea shape. Undergoing the Lasik Surgery in Jalandhar works best for patients struggling with farsightedness or nearsightedness and helps to improve the situation. Once you have healed, you don’t have to wear contacts or eyeglasses.
Advanced LASIK surgery helps create small flaps outside the eyeball and allows easy access to the central cornea. The laser helps target it and replace the flap, leading to healing. Surgery does not lead to discomfort, but numbing eye drops are used to boost patient comfort level. The eye surgeon will guide you through everything, so the recovery goes in the appropriate direction.
What is it like to recover from LASIK eye surgery?
After the surgery, you can expect some itchiness and a slightly uncomfortable feeling within the first few hours. Even if you feel something in the eyes, that’s completely normal. Make sure to take over-the-counter pain medication to help you stay comfortable throughout the process. Please remember the following points during the recovery timeline:
- Never rub the eyes; otherwise, it can easily affect the surgical incision.
- The initial healing stage can make the eyes tear and blurry.
- The initial few days of recovery can make the eye sensitive to light, so it’s that you don’t use any of the computer devices and stay away from sunlight.
- Normally, your eyes look bloodshot or red in the initial days.
- To reduce the chances of infection, instil the prescribed medicated eye drops or teardrops. Doing so helps the eyes to be comfortable and lubricated.
The healthcare team keeps proper during LASIK Recovery
The initial 24 to 48 hours are extremely crucial while undergoing recovery. Your eye healthcare team at Mitra Eye Hospital And LASIK Laser Centre will provide ultimate care. Additionally, make sure to visit your eye surgeon whenever he calls you after the LASIK eye surgery. If you notice severe pain or any problem with your eye vision, then make sure to visit the eye doctor at the earliest.
Recovery from LASIK eye surgery
Most importantly, give your eyes enough time to heal like normal after surgery. Here are some necessary tips that you need to follow:
- Do not do any kind of strenuous activity for 1 to 3 days. Get back to the normal regime after four weeks.
- Don’t apply eye cosmetics, lotions, creams, or any eye product for two weeks.
In total, the recovery takes around 3 to 6 months. So, you need to be extremely careful in the given time period. The surgery does give the results you are expecting to see.