Lasik surgery is one of the most complicated eye surgeries processed using lasers to improve your overall vision. But do you know plenty of factors that affect the outcome of LASIK surgery?
Some of those factors are:
- Your daily habits
- Your sleep cycle
- Your eating habits
What is Lasik Surgery & Why is it done?
Lasik Surgery is one of the best and most reliable alternatives to glasses or contact lenses; in this procedure, a special type of laser is used on your cornea to make changes in the shape of your cornea that leads to improved vision and other such eyesight benefits.
There are plenty of eye-related issues that are treated using Lasik Surgery. For example, with the help of Lasik Surgery, you can make changes in the shape of your eyeball to improve your eyesight; there are many more such factors.
Tips To Prepare Yourself Before Your Lasik Surgery
Almost everyone gets anxious before their Lasik Surgery, which usually happens before we are unaware of the processes and things to keep in mind during this surgery. In this section, we are going to share a few tips with the help of which you can kill your anxiety linked with your surgery and prepare yourself for your Lasik Surgery.
- The first important tip everyone should follow is to enhance their water intake, during the process of Lasik Surgery, you will notice that it will lead to dry eyes for a small time. Hence you can easily eliminate such issues by enhancing your water intake.
- Secondly, if you are going for your LASIK surgery in the summer, then by drinking more water, you are doing a huge favor for your body.
Also, your doctor will suggest some tips about your water and food intake before and after the procedure; make sure to follow those guidelines precisely.
- If you are someone with contact lenses, then there will be a specific time when your doctor will suggest you stop wearing those contact lenses; you should do that as early as possible.
- In this way, you could give time to your eyes to come to their natural conditions. Hence it will help you in getting better results after the surgery.
- Most people think they will sleep during the LASIK surgery, but that’s not true. You will be completely awake. Hence this is the biggest reason you should wear comfortable clothes so that you are comfortable throughout the surgery.
- Make sure you bring your friends and family members with you before the surgery, as you will not be able to do your daily tasks for a few weeks after the surgery.
You can surely improve the results of your Lasik Surgery by following a few tips that can help you prepare before your surgery; make sure you follow them all. If you are looking for the best eye hospital in Punjab for your Lasik Surgery, then Mitra Eye Hospital is the best option.