In this digital era, people are suffering from different eye problems because they spend a lot of time on screens for watching and for official works. Many other reasons are responsible for eye problems. Cataract is one the most common eye problems with which people are suffering. The reason behind the cataracts is the proteins that make clumps in the eye. These clumps prevent the lens from sending clear images to the retina. The best eye hospital in Punjab gives you satisfactory results of cataract surgery.
Cataract and cataract surgery?
It is a condition when the lens of the eye becomes cloudy. The vision of the eye is blurry and unclear. Removing this cloudy lens of the eye is called cataract surgery. In some cases, the lens is replaced with an artificial lens. A cataract causes the lens to become cloudy when it is typically clear. The vision of the eye is affected by the cataract. An eye ophthalmologist performs the surgery on cataracts. It is a safe procedure. Patients can go home after completing the treatment.
Cause of cataract
The cataracts are correlated to age. It occurs with the normal changes in your eyes according to the passage of your age. Glaucoma is the other reason that is responsible for cataract problems. The type of cataract does not matter. Surgery’s only treatment for it is cataracts.
Types of cataract
- Traumatic cataracts is a Serious eye injury that can damage your lens and cause a cataract.
- Radiation cataracts are types of radiation that can cause cataracts.
- Pediatric cataracts.
- Secondary cataracts.
Different types of cataract surgeries:
Some types of cataract surgeries are as follows:
- Phacoemulsification: Phacoemulsification is a very common type of surgery for cataracts. It takes less than 30 minutes. It is a modern approach, and phacoemulsification is less invasive. This kind of surgery recovers quickly.
- Extracapsular Cataract Extraction Surgery: this type of surgery is done for complex cataracts, the ones that cannot be corrected with phacoemulsification. In extracapsular cataract extraction surgery, a bigger incision is made in the eye to remove the cataract or clouded lens in a single piece.
- Intracapsular cataract extraction surgery: the procedure of removal of the clouded lens as well as the thin capsule surrounding it. After the removal of the lens, an artificial IOL is implanted to restore the vision of the eye.
Benefits of cataract surgery
Many reasons are responsible for cataract surgery. There are numerous benefits of cataract surgery.
- Clarity of vision: A cataract forms when the protein in your eye accumulates on the lens. These deposits cloud the lens and cause foggy and blurry vision. Cataract surgery fixes this, replacing the old lens with a new artificial one. The new lens provides clearer, crisp vision.
- Color: Cataracts can cause the lens in your eye to become yellow or brownish. It can cause everything to look faded. Cataract surgery can help fix this, with many patients reporting seeing much brighter colors than before.
Reasons for the requirement of health insurance covering cataract surgery
Several reasons are responsible for health insurance.
- Common: cataracts are very common and develop after the age of 40. In These cases, the insurance for cataract surgery pays all the expenses for the surgery.
- Expensive: If you reside in a metro city and opt for a reputed hospital, the cost of a cataract surgery can run to several thousand for one eye. i is when having a health insurance policy can help.
- Advanced procedures: Many ophthalmologists are using advanced procedures to remove cataracts and clouded lenses and replace them with an IOL. Some of the advanced procedures are expensive. It can also burn a hole in your pocket if you don’t have health insurance.
- Medical inflation: many people are scared of medical expenses if they do not have any kind of health insurance. Medical claims put a burden on the shoulders of a person. medical inflation in mind, taking health insurance to cover the cost of cataract surgery. With a healthcare plan at your disposal, you can opt for the procedure without worrying about the bills.
Mitra Eye Hospital And LASIK Laser Center are known for providing all the treatment related to eye issues. This hospital is known for the Lasik eye surgery in Jalandhar. The doctors are well-dedicated and experienced in the field of LASIK treatment.