What Is Cataract Surgery?
An ophthalmologist is a doctor who performs cataract surgery, which is a procedure to remove the lens of your eye. It is most often replaced with an artificial lens. Usually, the colour of the lens of your eyes is clear, but when you have cataracts, it can lead the eyes to become cloudy. This affects your vision negatively eventually.
With the help of Cataract surgery in Jalandhar, you can cure your cataract issues easily. The surgery could be performed with an outpatient method, in which the patient does not have to stay in the hospital after the treatment. They can be discharged immediately. Cataract surgery is one of the most common procedures as it is performed under safe guidelines.
Why Is Cataract Surgery Done?
The main reason to undergo surgery for cataracts at the best Lasik centre in Punjab is to cure cataracts. Cataracts, if not cured, can cause blurry vision and also increase the glare of the lights. If you are having difficulty completing your everyday task because of a cataract, we highly advise you to visit us for treatment as soon as possible.
It is also recommended that you undergo cataract surgery when your cataract is interfering with the treatment of other eye problems. The doctor would ask you to do cataract surgery; if they cannot check the back of the eyes because of the cataract, the doctor will perform teh cataract surgery before moving ahead with the other treatment, including diabetic retinopathy or age-related macular degeneration.
In most cases, it would not harm you if teh surgery is not performed at the time, but it is also suggested to learn whether or not your cataract is causing more disturbance in your vision or not.
Keep These Questions In Mind While Considering The Cataract Surgery
These are some factors you must always keep in your mind before you are thinking of undergoing cataract surgery so that you would not face any kind of complication
- Are you able to see safely with no compilation?
- Are you able to perform all your jobs efficiently?
- Are you able to drive your vehicle easily, or are you having trouble locating things while driving?
- Are you having difficulty reading books or magazines?
- Are you able to watch television or another gadget clearly?
- Is it hard for you to cook, shop, or do other activities like climb stairs, do yard work, or even take medicines?
- Is your lack of vision becoming a barrier to your independence?
- Are bright lights making it difficult for you to see things?
What Are The Risks Of Cataract Surgery?
You would not notice any risk post-cataract surgery as it is not a common occurrence. But even if you do, it could be easily treated successfully.
Some of the risks that cataracts might include are:
- Drooping eyelid
- Retinal detachment
- Discoloration of artificial lens
- Secondary cataract
- Loss of vision
You might have a greater risk of having complications if you have other eye issues.