Pediatric ophthalmology deals with various ophthalmic problems seen in children. Its department relies on treating the group of children whose age group is between newborn babies to teenagers. They are also available to check or treat adults who have strabismus.
According to a study done by the researchers, almost 1 out of 6 kids suffer from vision-related problems.; Strabismus Service and the Pediatric Ophthalmology bring their hand in giving primary care for a common childhood vision disorder.
You must make sure to take your child (newly born) to the Eye Hospital In Punjab at least once at the age of 6 to 12 months of age. When they are in the 1st grade or before that, i.e., three to five years old, we highly recommend you to visit us once a year. After that, they will come to the Best Eye Doctors in Punjab to maintain better vision and eyesight.
What To Anticipate In The Child’s Eye Test?
The doctor would begin the checkup by taking a lot of tests to examine the health of the eye. It could take a few hours before all the exams would get over. This test is performed under the guidance of 3 or 4 doctors at once. Some of the things that you would find out in the 1st round are:
- The 1st examination will be held to check how well the child manages to see the object nearby and far from them. If your child is too young to read the letter, the management will provide the kid with a screen wherein the images would be seen in the form of pictures or shapes.
- The doctor would also look at the depth perception of your child.
- After such assessment, the orthoptist would check the alignment of your child’s eye-hand well they can move together. This examination would be done by making the child track an object.
- They would also look after the child’s side or peripheral vision.
Then comes the second part of this assessment; these are the things that would be done for a regular checkup.
- The doctor would put some eye drops in your child’s eye, resulting in widening or dilating the pupils.
- Then an ophthalmologist will check the interior of the eyes right after the pupils are dilated, which could take approximately 30 minutes. The widened pupils would help in looking at the interior with no complications. They will be able to access any kind of condition; they would also be able to tell whether or not your child would require corrective lenses.
- The doctor would inspect the child’s eye with the help of special lenses and light to dictate whether or not your child would require glasses.
If your child is suffering from any of the following symptoms, you must take them to the hospital
- Crossed eyes/Lazy eye.
- Keeps the object close to the eyes.
- Injury to the eye.
- Drooping of upper eyelids.
- Small or Big eyes
Visit Mitra Eye Hospital to learn more about such causes and their treatment.