What are the reasons behind eye fatigue? How should you prevent it?
- Are your eyes burning?
- Are your eyes feeling tired?
- Are your eyes itching?
No matter what’s the situation, consulting the eye expert and that too on time is important. Even before you visit the best eye doctor there are a few things that you can do on your own to make the situation under control so that any other eye problem is not triggered.
Which are the major reasons behind eye fatigue?
You must visit one of the best Eye Hospital In Punjab so that you will be given treatment accordingly. The eye doctor will determine what’s the major reason and then suggest to you which option will work best for you. The major reason behind eye fatigue are:
- Reading (The screen time is way too much)
One of the Best Eye Doctors in Punjab always suggests that patients not stare at their smartphone, computer, or game console for a long time. This is the reason computer vision syndrome is triggered or it’s also referred to as digital eye strain. Its cases are also on the rise because of the increasing demand and use of the digital device for a long time.
What are the symptoms of eye fatigue?
There are several symptoms which occurs with eye fatigue and some of them are:
- Watery or dry eyes
- Problem focusing
- Irritated or sore eyes
- Double or blurred vision
- Light sensitivity is increased
- Shoulder, back, or neck pain
If you have any of these symptoms then it tells you that your eye needs rest. It’s better to get enough sleep so that the eye irritation does not get worse with time.
What are the ways to prevent eye fatigue?
Even a few simple changes can help you a lot in this condition. Some of the things which you can do are:
- Most importantly keep the computer screen at a distance of 20 to 26 inches. Additionally, slightly lower as compared to the eye level.
- Always wipe away the dirt & dust from the area where you work regularly. If there is dirt then automatically it is going to result in a problem.
- It’s essential to use the glare filter for the screen
- It’s necessary to keep the lighting adjusted so that it’s not too harsh.
- Make sure to use the adjustable chair so that it will help you to move your body.
Change the work habits
- You must follow the rule of 20-20-20. It means to look at something every 20 minutes which is 20 feet away for every 20 seconds. Make sure that you blink often while looking at the computer screen. Taking breaks while working on the computer is important.
- Additionally, you should apply the washcloth which is soaked in warm water. While doing this your eyes have to be closed.
- To refresh the eyes you need to use artificial tears.
- The air cleaner must be used which can help to prevent dry eyes. Additionally, the humidifier which is great for giving the eyes the moisture it needs.
Do you have any sort of eye issue?
Schedule your initial consultation at Mitra Eye Hospital & Lasik Laser Centre to get yourself the right treatment plan which makes your condition better.