It is an extremely painful condition that is caused when the eyes are exposed to UV rays for the prolonged periods. According to the famous eye doctors in the eye hospital in Punjab, “it is compared to the sunburn when it starts causing an impact to the cornea of the eyes.”
What is snow blindness?
In case the UV rays start getting reflected in the snow and the ice, then this is known as snow blindness. The symptoms of this kind of blindness may last from 2 days to a fortnight based on how severe have these affected your eyes.
If you keep on wearing the sunglasses, then you can surely prevent the condition of photokeratitis.
Note: If you do not want yourself to be dependent on the glasses and the specs, then you are suggested to visit us since we at Mitra hospital leaves no stone unturned to increase the numbers of successfully performed Lasik Surgeries in Punjab
What is photokeratitis?
Whenever an individual keeps himself exposed to the UV rays of the sun for prolonged hours, then either the conjunctiva or the cornea is sure to get damaged either partially or completely.
Who are at the giant risk of suffering from this problem?
If you are satisfying any of the following mentioned risk factors, then it is suggested to immediately visit the doctors so that you can get rid of this problem at the earliest:
- If you are the one who usually spends a lot of the time outdoors and keeps on getting engaged in the activities like the following:
- Mountain Climbing
- If you are working in an environment that makes you expose to the environment that has the greater entry point for the UV light sources.
- If you are residing in the sunbelt or at the greater altitudes of the earth.
What causes you to suffer from photokeratitis?
Besides the direct and the prolonged exposure to the UV rays, it is the following factors as well that can make the person down with photokeratitis:
- If you are making use of the lamps in the tanning booths or the beds
- If you are making extensive use of the laser light
- If you are up with the usage of mercury vapour lamps, halogen desk lamps.
If you risk your eyes by making yourself live in an environment full of lightning and the electric sparks
How do I know if I have photokeratitis or not?
If you notice your eyes are suffering from any of the following mentioned symptoms, then it is high time, you should visit an eye-care doctor or a professional:
- Pain in the eyes
- Redness in the eyes
- Eyes are getting extensively watery
- Tear like sensation in the eyes
- Blurriness in the vision
- Sensitivity to the light
- Seeing halos
- The temporary vision
- Your vision is encountering the sudden changes in the colour