Eye Pain is a common problem and usually not serious. The current lifestyle of the majority of people includes sitting for long hours, long duration of screen time, consumption of unhealthy food, stress and lack of sleep which are all factors that affect eyes and overall health. Long screen time can cause serious vision problems and timely treatment should be taken from the best LASIK eye surgery in Jalandhar. This will help in avoiding serious eye problems.
Types of Eye Pain
- Ocular Pain – When the surface of the eye is painful, it is called ocular pain. It may go away easily on its own and is not very serious. A simple home remedy can be enough to alleviate the pain.
- Orbital Pain – When the eye pain is inside the eye, it is called orbital pain. It can be more serious and, in some cases, may need medical intervention.
Causes of Eye Pain
- Irritant Object – In the majority of the cases, the eye is painful because there is something in it. This irritating object can be a small dust particle, eyelash, a small insect, etc. and cause pain, nuisance, watery eyes, and redness.
- Contact Lens – Wearing contact lenses for longer durations than recommended or not cleaning them regularly can cause irritation and watery eyes.
- Injury – If you met with an accident or injury or exposure of the eye to chemicals such as bleach can cause eye pain.
- Corneal Abrasion – The clear surface of the eye, which is under the eyelid and in front of the eye, is called cornea which is likely to be injured. Get your eyes examined and if required, you should get lasik eye surgery in Jalandhar.
- Conjunctivitis – Inflammation or infection of conjunctiva (a tissue) is known as conjunctivitis or pink eye and can cause discharge, mild inflammation, redness and itchiness in the eye.
- Migraine – One of the common side effects of migraine.
- Glaucoma – In this, a sudden rise in pressure can cause symptoms like headache, nausea and even vision loss. In some cases, immediate medical treatment is required.
- Iritis – If your iris is inflamed, it can cause deep pain inside the eye. However, it is usually not common.
How to Prevent Eye Pain
Any serious problem can be prevented if proper care is taken. To avoid getting eye problems, you must ensure to take steps or follow a healthy routine. This will help you mitigate eye problems and may also help eliminate the risk of turning a minor problem into a serious condition.
Maintain Eye Hygiene – Thoroughly rinse your eye to ensure no harmful substance causes irritation.
- Regular Check-up – It is best to get regular eye check-ups from a reputed eye hospital in Punjab to avoid and prevent serious eye problems.
- Contact Lens Hygiene – Use clean contact lenses. Make sure to thoroughly clean your contact lens on time. Also, do not wear it for prolonged hours by allowing your eyes to rest from time to time.
- Protective Eyewear – Eye protection is necessary while driving, playing sports, cleaning, etc. The workers who work in factories and are exposed to high amounts of dust particles or chemicals must also wear safety eye gear.
- Avoid Exposure to High Intensity Light – If you experience discomfort or pain due to high intense light sources, then you should avoid them or use eyewear. For instance, blue light from laptops or smartphones can cause irritation or strain.
- Sufficient Sleep – Good sound sleep is extremely beneficial for multifarious reasons such as for muscle repair, digestion, weight loss, healthy eyes, etc. Due to so many benefits of sleeping, emphasis is laid on getting a good amount of quality sleep. Further, eye pain is also caused due to irregular sleep cycles or insufficient sleep.
The current lifestyle makes it difficult to avoid long screen time and time away from gadgets. However, if you follow a healthy routine, then eye pain can be reduced and avoided altogether. If pain in eyes persists for a long period of time, you need to get it checked from the best eye hospital in Punjab. Timely care can help in eliminating risk factors and preventing disorders.