After some period of time, wearing spectacles can become hectic and troublesome. Most of the time, people want to get rid of heavy glasses sitting on their noses all day long.
If you are someone who is absolutely done with the use of glasses or eyewear, then you must definitely opt for Lasik eye surgery.
The Best Doctors for eyes in Punjab will be able to treat nearsightedness, also known as myopia, farsightedness, also known as hyperopia, astigmatism (it is a condition wherein the irregular-shaped cornea causes blurry vision), and presbyopia, also known as the aging eye.
What Is The Cost Of Lasik Eye Surgery?
The cost of Lasik eye surgery in India varies on different factors such as the location, the qualification of the doctor, and the technology they are using. Apart from that, health conditions and risk factors also dictate the cost of treatment in the Best Eye Hospital In Phagwara.
What To Expect During Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik surgery is a process in which the doctor reshapes the front section of the eye. This enables the light to enter the eye and focus on the retina. This procedure eliminates the requirement to wear glasses or contact lenses. Lasik eye surgery impacts the eye with immediate effect, or it gradually develops in vision. The whole ordeal is painless, and it only takes 15 to 20 minutes.
What Are The Steps Of Lasik Eye Surgery?
The doctor follows these steps of Lasik eye surgery to perform an effective treatment.
The doctor uses a femtosecond, a mechanical laser tool, to make a circular flap in the cornea. With this process, the surgeon can fold the layer back while having unobstructed access to the cornea.
The doctor or surgeon uses a cold ultraviolet excimer laser in order to reshape the microscopic tissues of the cornea. The main aim of this step is to focus the light on the retina to improve vision.
The doctor makes the corneal flap at the first step. It is generally laid back on the cornea, leaving it for healing purposes without any stitches.
Tips To Follow After Undergoing Lasik Eye Surgery
These are some tips you must follow after undergoing Lasik eye surgery.
- You should take proper rest after your Lasik eye surgery. Rest would make the healing process faster and much more effective.
- You should make sure not to rub your eyes after the surgery. Rubbing eyes can disrupt the recovery process of the cornea flap.
- It is essential to maintain a regular follow-up session with the professional. It will help them to evaluate the progress and review any unwanted circumstances to avoid.
- You should take a good bath post surgery but try to prevent the water from splashing directly into your eye. If you want to wash your face, rub the soap on the face, preventing the eyes and the surrounding area.
- You should prevent yourself from getting into any kind of injury as it is all very harmful. Try to avoid playing any sports.