Squint Eye Surgery: What are the signs to check if my child has a squint?
Squint Eye Surgery
Do you notice your child squeezing their eyes, or do they need to peer over the books? Or Is your child always looking in another direction? It’s one of the common signs that your child has a squint. If you notice misalignment in your child’s eyes, make sure to visit one of the best Eye Hospital In Punjab to get the problem addressed effectively.
Does LASIK Surgery correct squint?
NO! Lasik Surgery in Jalandhar is performed to treat several other eye conditions. If your child is wearing glasses and you are looking for an option to remove glasses permanently, then it’s the option for the same. Talk to the eye surgeon to understand how effectively the entire process gets done.
Squint: One of the common eye disorder
Squint or strabismus means eyes don’t look straight in one direction or ahead. The misalignment in the eyes can result in it is looking:
If your child has the same condition, you need to consult one of the best eye doctors to get the Squint Eye Surgery in Punjab to manage the situation effectively. Schedule an eye health assessment with the eye doctor and get the most appropriate approach for your child.
Which are the common risk factors for Squint?
- Family history of Squint that increases a child’s risk of having the same condition
- The child is born with Squint, or the condition begins within the first six months of life. The problem happens due to eye imbalance.
- Chances of longsightedness, shortsightedness, and astigmatism. The eye starts becoming blurred, and the chances of squinting are higher with time.
- Sometimes the condition occurs due to another health condition like Down’s syndrome, hydrocephalus, congenital cataract, PHPV, cerebral palsy, brain injury, or other health issues.
- Make sure to take your child for a comprehensive eye examination at six months. So, it ensures they don’t have a chance of having this condition.
Treatment options for Squint
Most importantly, you should get an early diagnosis to effectively manage the results and improve your child’s condition. For the squint eye treatment, there are several options:
- Lazy eye or amblyopia treatment
Make sure to get the treatment at the earliest, when it’s known there is a problem.
- Correct refractive error
If you have been wearing glasses for a long time and have good vision, the procedure makes an appropriate choice.
- Orthoptic exercises
As decided by the doctor for treating the condition.
Be it for cosmetic reasons or to address the problem due to health concerns, advanced eye care surgery effectively improves your condition by all means.