What are the top eye care tips your ophthalmologist wants you to know?
Are you someone who takes care of everyone? But, in that hustle, you forget to take care of yourself. I know we all have been in that place! However, do not make this mistake and make sure whether it is about your diet or eye care you follow the tips shared by your medical expert. Like if you have undergone Lasik Surgery in Punjab, then you have to be careful about following the doctor’s tips. Let’s talk about some of the eye care tips suggested by the doctor at the best Eye Hospital Punjab.
Eye care tips suggested by the best ophthalmologist
Live an active and healthy lifestyle
- If you are already doing that then your eye health is already getting the benefit it needs. No matter what your age is, you have to follow a healthy lifestyle as this is the only way to keep your eye health in the right place.
- One of the studies has shown that if cardiovascular health is right then it indicates you are living a healthy lifestyle and your chances to have the ocular disease are less like diabetic retinopathy.
- Living a healthy lifestyle can help to reduce the chances of getting age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, and glaucoma. As there are millions of cases of impaired vision and blindness which points to the fact that a healthy diet and following a proper exercise regime is essential.
What type of diet is best for your eye health?
Eye doctors suggest the individuals include leafy vegetables, salmon, and oily fish like tuna. In addition, make sure you have enough protein in your diet like beans, nuts, and eggs.
How much should you exercise for your eye health?
It is suggested that a person should do aerobic activity for around 150 minutes and 2 days should be given to strength training per week. This not only helps your eye health but it even benefits the entire body.
- Wear the right kind of eyewear
Okay! So, you have been following a proactive routine and you have to be sure that you wear the right kind of eyewear. This is where you have to get your condition analyzed by the doctor to understand whether there is a problem with your eye vision. Moreover, it is essential to choose the right kind of protective eyewear so that your vision does not get affected the way it would if you are careless. Like you have to:
- Wear the protective eyeglass while playing any kind of sports
- Wear the right type of glasses when you go out.
- Wear the the light-filtering or anti-glare screen while working on the computer
So, you have to ask your doctor what kind of eyewear is best for you to wear on an everyday basis.
- Be careful about the screentime
Work from home is what most of us are doing this time. Studies have shown that it has increased the usage of mobile phones or any kind of electronic device. This is where it is important to protect the eyes while using the screen. Here’s what you have to do:
- Make sure your workspace is set up correctly
- You need to carefully monitor the time you spend on your laptop screen
- You have to follow the 20-20-20 rule which means focus on any item for 20 seconds that is 20 feet away.
So, it is pretty evident that taking care of your eyes is extremely important. If you notice any problem then right away schedule your consultation.